The HRA’s unique combination of rally style touring combined with closed road ‘have a go’ stages all feed in to the best social gatherings at the end of each day and on the road.
Everyone who has done one of these HRA style rally weekend’s rave about them – and you will too. It’s a competition wrapped up in a huge amount of motoring fun.
All it needs it you.
- You’ll do 450 km over 2 days.
- You’ll enjoy competition over 10 closed road sections within various State Forests.
- You’ll marvel at roads and scenery you’ve never seen.
- The navigation and instructions will all be simple, and enjoyable. No tricks. (It’s not that kind of event)
- You don’t even need a rally prepared car!
Where will we go?
We’ll begin at the home of the Stawell Gift at 8:00 am Saturday July 20.
Lunch break is at the Wartook Wander Inn, a great spot on the northern edge of the magnificent Grampians.
Back to Stawell Saturday night for a social dinner.
Sunday Lunch break is at St Arnaud and finally,
To the Avoca Hotel for refreshments in the late afternoon, Sunday 21 July.
What your reliable, 2 wheel drive, non-turbo motor car needs:
- 2 safety triangles,
- Fire extinguishers to the value of 2kg (i.e.: 2 x 1kg)
- A First Aid Kit
- An SOS/OK board (available from the HRA)
- Sound towing point’s front and rear
The driver will need:
- A driving Licence. (Derr…)
All crew members will need:
- CAMS level 2S licence or better
- Membership of a CAMS affiliated club
- Helmets for crew members (for the closed road stages)
Full details are in the Supplementary Regulations which you should read carefully (it’s not a big document).
How much will this extraordinary 450 km event cost?
The entry fee is $380, which pays for the hire of venues, safety requirements (including An FIV, a professional first aid service, on standby on the stages both days), the maps and instructions, car numbers and your badges and public liability insurance.
You will pay for your own accommodation, fuel and meals.
What about accommodation?
At Stawell, the HRA has reserved 20 rooms for us at the MAGDALA INN MOTEL for Saturday July 20. Take up your booking soon. Telephone the motel direct: 03 5358 3877
Consider staying there or nearby on Friday night July 19, to make the 8:00 am start Saturday easier.
Dinner Saturday night?
Venue is the MAGDALA MOTOR LODGE. Capacity is tight – book your table soon. And book for dinner with Graham Wallis, not the motel directly.
e-mail Graham: email@example.com or phone: 0429 939 619
Get your entry in now.
By necessity, the field is limited to 35 crews, so don’t leave it too long.
These style of rally weekends are popular for good reason: they’re so good! 5 times Australian Rally Champion Ross Dunkerton did one of these events in 2016 and publically declared it the best rally event he’s ever done. And he’s won over a hundred rallies!
Entries are open and entries have already been received. Don’t delay for the ultimate Rally weekend away.