12 noon to 4 pm in a park in East Malvern
After missing 4 HRA meetings but with restrictions on movement now easing, the HRA committee has decided to proceed with our December meeting, albeit on a different day, different time and different venue!
- When: Sunday December 13
- Venue: The BBQ area of Basil Oval, Darling Park, East Malvern (Melway map 59, ref: K11)
- Time: 12 noon
- Large portable shelters only by prior arrangement please
- Further directions at the bottom of this post.
We plan to meet in a park in East Malvern, enjoy a lunch (BYO) and a ‘socially distant’ chat with other HRA members and have our usual Christmas hamper give-away and raffle off Series II Gnome #3
There is a coin operated BBQ at the park, but just one, so best idea is to BYO a prepared lunch. Toilet facilites will be available. There is open areas and shade trees. Bring along chairs, tables, rugs…whatever is your usual picnic set-up. The HRA has reserved the area with council permission and we will have a MOTORSPORT AUSTRALIA Social permit. The area is accessible from the car park for those with mobility issues. See below for “how to get there”.
Bring a rally car if that’s practical so we can be reminded what they look like!
We have 17 Christmas hampers plus store vouchers to give away – every HRA member there will have one ticket in the draw just for showing up.
As well, we will have a raffle (3 tix/$5) for an HRA Gnome #3(series II) and to support this meeting’s charity partner, Black Dog Institute.
“Blackdog is the only medical research institute in Australia to investigate mental health across the lifespan. Their aim is to create a mentally healthier world for everyone.” Read more about Black Dog Institute.
- How to get there: The venue is very close to Darling Station, on the east side of the rail line. Entry to the carpark is from Dunlop Street.
If approaching from Malvern Road:
- Turn right into Moira Street.
- Cross over Freeway. Moira Street becomes Dunlop Street
- Turn right into railway carpark from Dunlop St
- Drive past the sports pavillion to the end of the carpark (180 metres)
- The park is at the end of the carpark
- The BBQ meeting area is 55 metres from the end of the carpark