How do I change an engine number?
- Contact one of the HRA inspector/signatories to arrange an inspection of your new engine number so that our records can be updated.
- Advise Vicroads of the change of engine.
What is the process for country based members?
The process is the same as for city residents. You must either obtain a RWC from a local Licenced Vehicle Tester or arrange with one of the HRA inspector/signatories to inspect your vehicle either by bringing it to Melbourne or arranging for the inspector to visit you.
How do I renew a laid-up vehicle?
- If the vehicle cannot be presented for an inspection because it is laid-up or under repair, you must supply a letter, along with the renewal form, to a HRA inspector/signatories stating that the vehicle is currently unable to be driven, the reason why, and an indication of when it will be driven again.
- After payment at Vicroads, the complete renewal form with stickers still attached, is to be returned to the HRA inspector/signatory who signed it. The form will be held by the HRA inspector/signatory until such time as the vehicle is ready to be returned to the road.
How do I bring a CPS vehicle from another club?
If your vehicle is on the Club Permit Scheme with another club and you wish to bring it to the HRA:
- If the change is to happen at your permits normal renewal time, follow the “Renewal” process. The HRA inspector/signatory will cross out the old club and insert Historic Rally Association.
- If the change is to happen other than at your permits normal renewal time, follow the “New Application” process.
In either case, a HRA inspector/signatory will need to inspect the vehicle.
Add new comment