Follow this process for renewing your Club Permit through the HRA:
1. Receive your Club Permit Renewal Form and new Logbook from Vicroads.
2. You must be a financial member of the HRA.
3. a) Contact one of the HRA inspector/signatories to arrange an inspection of your vehicle. Allow approximately 2 hours for an inspection. OR
3. b) Obtain a normal Roadworthy Certificate. Bring or post, Roadworthy Certificate & Club Permit Renewal Form to one of the HRA inspector/signatories to arrange for signature on the Club Permit Renewal Form.
If posting renewal, you will need to supply by email four photos of your vehicle (front 3/4, rear 3/4, general engine bay and general interior through drivers door) to the HRA inspector/signatory so that they can be compared to the ones on our records.
4. Present your vehicle for inspection at the agreed time and place. If no hoist is available the vehicle must be presented on stands with all wheels off.
5. a) If passed, the HRA inspector/signatory will sign the Club Permit Application form and provide you with an “Official letter from your club/association confirming vehicle safety”.
5. b) If failed, rectify faults and arrange for representation of vehicle.
6. If the inspection was performed by one of the HRA inspector/signatories, pay the ‘renewal’ inspection fee of $55 (incl GST) to the inspector.
7. Attend a Vicroads office. Present the Club Permit Application form and club safety letter (or Roadworthy Certificate), pay the permit fee and collect your Logbook, Logbook Sticker and Windscreen label. Note: You do not need to make an appointment at Vicroads. You do not need to present the vehicle to Vicroads.
8. Affix the sticker provided to you by Vicroads into your (new) Logbook. Keep the Logbook in the vehicle. Make sure that you fill in the logbook when you use the vehicle.