Follow these steps for NEW applications:

1. You must be a financial member of the HRA.

2. Obtain a Club Permit Application form from a Vicroads office or the Vicroads website and complete it.

3. Obtain a normal Roadworthy Certificate. Bring or post the Roadworthy Certificate and Club Permit Application form to one of the HRA’s inspector/signatories to arrange for signature on Club Permit Application form.

If posting application, you will need to also supply by email four photos of your vehicle (front 3/4, rear 3/4, general engine bay & general interior through drivers door) to the HRA inspector/signatory for our records.

4. The HRA inspector/signatory will sign the Club Permit Application form and provide you with an “Official letter from your club/association confirming vehicle safety”. This letter will also confirm that you are a financial member of the HRA.

5. Attend a Vicroads office. Present the Club Permit Application form & Roadworthy Certificate, pay the permit fee and collect your Club Permit Plates, New Logbook, Logbook Sticker and Windscreen label.

Note: You do not need to make an appointment at Vicroads. You do not need to present the vehicle to Vicroads. (If you submit your application by mailing it into VicRoads, you will have to wait for the delivery of your number plates)

6. Affix the number plates to the vehicle and the sticker provided to you by Vicroads into your new Logbook. Keep the Logbook in the vehicle. Make sure that you fill in the logbook when you use the vehicle.